Find me the following Near the following



All Trades Available - Builders, Plumbers, Electricians & Joiners

Whether you’re having a loft conversion done in your home or a new extension built from scratch, your builders will have to call on other trades to help them complete the process.

Most experienced building companies will have other trades people they know they can trust and have worked with on building projects before. This has the benefit of saving you time ringing around lots of different people to do the various jobs required.


A plumber will be needed if for example if you’re having a new bathroom or kitchen fitted to ensure everything is correctly positioned and then plumbed in properly so that you’re not going to get any leaks or floods.

In England & Wales, the main industry body is the Association of Plumbing & Heating Contractors and in Scotland & Northern Ireland it’s SNIPEF, which stands for the Scottish & Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers’ Federation.


You may be having a house re-wired as part of a renovation project or having power put into your new extension, regardless of the work that’s being done, especially if it’s a sub-contractor, you should ask about their qualifications and experience. In Scotland the main trade association is called SELECT and in England, Wales and Northern Ireland it’s the ECA – Electrical Contractors Association.


Joiners work very closely with builders and other trades in the completion of most building projects from new doors and windows to conservatories. The main UK joinery body is the British Woodworking Federation.

All trades tip: Don’t feel obliged to use the other trades people your builder recommends, if you’re not happy with their prices or qualifications, source your own quotes from other local suppliers.